Thursday, June 7, 2018

MYANMAR : The Golden Land (Inle Lake and Taunggyi) Part 2

Whenever I look back and think of my trip to Inle, I always think of this...
-->

Shan Mountains


The long, winding, road traversing the Shan Mountains. The very steep gorges, narrow roads which seem to be endless. But to make the drive from Yangon to Inle, despite the distance, is worth it. Inle is one of the most intriguing places I have been to. 


I visited Inle back in 2014 and we stayed there for 3 nights. I truly enjoyed my getaway to Inle. I have been blessed to have a partner who is Burmese and is keen to just get in a car and drive for hours to show me how beautiful his country is. It is one of the last frontiers in South East Asia, and I am very lucky I was able to tour Burma before it becomes flooded with tourists.

View of Inle Lake From our Hotel 

Quaint little coffeshops in Inle

Of course, I had Inle Lake in mind when we visited Inle. I hear that the fishermen have a special way of rowing their boats - using their leg. I was fortunate to have witnessed them do it not because there are tourists around, but because that's just how they do things in Inle.

Lady tending to her aqua farm

A beautiful way to go boating in Inle Lake

A view the lake with the Shan Mountains on the backdrop

The Inle Fishermen (they are very friendly)
Sunflower Aqua Farm


Homes around the Lake

Pagodas around Inle Lake
More Pagodas around Inle Lake

Author with the very gracious ladies from the Paudaung Tribe

Inle Fishermen

Sunset over Inle

We also took a day trip to Taunggyi since it was just less than an hour away from Inle. I didn't get to take much photos of Taunggyi since we were in a rush and I truly just basked in the atmosphere and... I ate. I love food. Here are some photos of Taunggyi Market and some of the villages beyond Taunggyi.

Beautiful Roses in Taunggyi Market

Taunggyi Market

The Pa-O women conducting trade

Villagers riding back to their villages

Bullock Carts

View in Hopone

Small fruit stand by the road in Hopone


Photographer: Wi
Camera : iPhone5s

No comments: